Sunday, February 10, 2008

Living a Legacy

Today is the 10 year anniversary of my Grandma passing away, she is the closest person that I've known on this earth that has now gone home to be with her savior. She was an amazing and loving woman, she had a beautiful voice and many talents. I was blessed to basically get to live with her while I was a little kid. I got to spend so much time eating cookies and playing games and just hanging out, it was a little kids paradise! Her life has shaped mine as well as my family's lives and she left a legacy on this earth that will not quickly be forgotten, it wasn't anything particular that she did, or any huge accomplishment that she achieved but it was the love and encouragement that she shared with all those around her. Even in her last days in a nursing home rather than focusing on the pain she had she would encourage the others around her to be joyful in the lord for he alone is good! As I live my life, and strive for to make a difference in the world around me, I want to remember to love and encourage the people around me to grow closer to Christ, to build a legacy that will last. What kind of legacy are you building? I'll have more on this later...

No comments: